On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Jens A. Griepentrog
<griep...@wias-berlin.de> wrote:
> What went wrong? The procedure works for usual hard disks and memory
> sticks with sectors of 512 bytes. I would be grateful for any hint.
> (As a final aim I would like to have some bootable magneto-optical
> disk with root partition a: and two more partitions d: and e: ...)

When you say "The procedure works for usual hard disks and memory
sticks [...]", do you mean it works on this same system when attached
to the same ahc(4) controller?  E.g., if you replace this sd0 with a
standard SCSI disk, will the same set of fdisk/disklabel/newfs
commands work correctly?