On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 05:28:32PM +0100, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
> El 2011-03-08 17.18, Joachim Schipper escribis:
> >>
> >>http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin/smtpd/
> >
> >[With apologies to Jordi for the double-send.]
> >
> >That's not an answer, is it?
> >
> >I believe there has been no official "it's ready to go" announcement,
> >but some people are actually running it in production.
>
> Yep. This one is clearer:
> http://blog.poolp.org/index.py/0x55/Random-news-

Hi,

Just to clarify a bit:

1- there's been no "it's ready to go announcement" because it's not ready
   to go. it works for many setups but there are a few showstoppers, like
   aliases expansion working in a funky way for instance.

2- I fixed a lot of stuff in various areas, entirely rewrote others, it's
   getting closer to a state where I would stop discouraging people from
   running it to handle their real mail. I cannot commit my changes for
   the time being because I'm not done, there are various changes that
   cannot be commited separately otherwise it breaks smtpd.

2- the repository mentionned on the blog is not opensmtpd, it is my own
   sandbox with code i'm experimenting to see if it's worth making into
   opensmtpd. it contains failed experiments, some good ideas, but it's
   not a working tree so don't waste your time on it. also, code from it
   can't be brought back to opensmtpd so it's going to be removed.

--
Gilles Chehade

                   http://www.poolp.org