On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 19:09 +0100, "marc" <li...@drwx.org> wrote:
> First of all, thanks for all the feedback.
>
> (at FAQ 4.9) I still think that adding a note that rsd0 is the name of
> the raw character device associated to the device sd0 and that
> consequently you can find the correct parameter for dd in your system by
> adding an 'r' to the device listed in disklabel which is associated to
> /, would be useful to future illiterates like me.

Read a book on UNIX. Seriously. Knowing the difference between raw
and block devices sorta falls under the category of basic UNIX
knowledge. When using a utility like dd, OpenBSD man pages assume
you have basic UNIX knowledge. The man pages nor the FAQ are
considered to be tutorials in the use of UNIX.
I'm not trying to be a smartass. I'm trying to help you before some
one is actually rude to you if you persist in this line of argument.