On 3/24/2011 2:36 PM, richardtoo...@paradise.net.nz wrote:
> Quoting "Steven R. Gerber" <open...@gerber-systems.com>:

Richard,
Thanks for the help.
I had already read the IBM note 'LOCAL ERROR: response time out' (from
2006).  (Google is not my enemy?)
I had already checked: the file is >2GB (4.4GB).
I ASSUMED that I can't the only who has tried to push large files with
rdist.  I searched the OpenBSD list archives (mine go back to 2006) and
found nothing significant/useful.  Maybe I missed something?
I immediately moved to the misc list per your suggestion.
I did a (manual) run of rdist with "-D" and got similar results -- I am
still analyzing those messages.
I usually do not compile OpenBSD, so it will take a while to review the
rdist source code (client.c?).

Thanks again.