On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 05:43:32PM -0600, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> Can you refine when this happen?
>
> if need be, sthen@ can supply you with daily kernels so that you can refine
> when it happened.
> Hopefully you don't hit some userland:kernel compatibility issue too hard
> when you try to
> find it... but it would be very helpful.

I tested 4.8-release kernel on 4.9-current userland (luckily apmd and
zzz work), on the R600 suspend/resume works just fine, on the R700
suspend appears to work but the machine resets itself when I press the
power button to resume.

I got lucky and found that building the kernel with /usr/src/sys
updated to 19 Aug 2010 introduces the change in behaviour, 18 Aug was
fine (note: localised dates?).

I had a look at the diff between 18th/19th and I think it might be
this commit:
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=128207276025618

Hope this helps, it would be great to have the R600 working again and
maybe closer to finding a solution for the R700 aswell.

Regards,

--
Peter Ericson