Il 06/04/2011 08:25, Jan Stary ha scritto:
On Apr 05 19:06:40, Alessandro Baggi wrote:
Ok, but my app must take those packet from the net for other
operation.
Huh? tpcdump/pcap also "takes those packet from the net" of course.

For this purpose I can also build my own structure to see
arp parameter, but I'm trying to know how to use arphdr structure.
Why exactly do you need to write your own code for this,
replicating the functionality that already is in base?

Someone has experience about it?
Yes, libpcap does it somehow. Look at its source.

What is it that yo actually want to do?

Hi jan, i'm trying to make a program that map a specified MAC address to a specified IP, and then get information by getting arp packets for the specified nic to see if some host changes its IP. I can do this getting tcp/upd packets on a specified nic, and query with arp each hosts, but it can take more resources.