On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 08:00:43 +0200, marc <m...@4qm.org> wrote:
> Hello everybody
Hi,

> When I try to mount a ntfs partition,  "mount /dev/sd1i /mnt/win" I get:
> mount_ntfs: /dev/sd1i on /mnt/xxxxx: Operation not supported
>
> I formated it with Windows 7. It works on windows and ubuntu linux.
>
> Any ideas on this?
Maybe you need to build a custom kernel ?
Look :
 "Once you have determined which partition it is you want to use, you
can move to the final step: mounting the filesystem contained in it.
Most filesystems are supported in the GENERIC kernel: just have a look
at the kernel configuration file, located in the
/usr/src/sys/arch/<arch>/conf directory. If you want to use one of the
filesystems not supported in GENERIC, you will need to build a custom
kernel."

> I'm running openbsd 4.8. on amd64. ntfs is supposed to be there
> (http://openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#foreignfs).
>
> # dmesg
> OpenBSD 4.8 (GENERIC) #182: Mon Aug 16 09:02:40 MDT 2010
>     dera...@amd64.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC
> RTC BIOS diagnostic error 80<clock_battery>
> real mem = 2946756608 (2810MB)
> avail mem = 2854522880 (2722MB)
>
> Thanks much,
> marc