I'm setting up some OpenBSD servers to act as routers. I'm setting
them up as dual homed devices to have BGP running on a loopback
interface (Lo1) BGP peers will talk loopback to loopback through
whichever path is valid. OpenOSPFD is used to advertise the loopback's
/32 into IGP. This is the standard way to do things on routers such as
Cisco or Juniper.

`ospfctl show rib` shows the loopback IPs, I can ping loopback IPs,
but BGP will not come up. Troubleshooting with `tcpdump -i lo1` never
shows any traffic, even my ICMP packets that are definitely from that
interface. What's going on here? Is the Loopback interface some very
special device? Is anyone running OpenBGPD between loopbacks on
OpenBSD?