Are the speed results on Windows more representative of the bandwidth of your
connection?  If the Windows results are slow when compared to the total
available bandwidth, I would go out on a limb and state that a network card
might be bad.  Have you tried different ethernet cards?

Matt

Have you tried downloading from different sites?  What is the latency to
those sites?

You may be running into an issue with bandwidth delay product though I
thought recent OpenBSD releases autotuned the needed parameters.

See http://www.psc.edu/networking/projects/tcptune/ for better
understanding.  Mind you, I'm not suggesting that you tweak knobs
without understanding what they do, I'm just offering possible insight.

John