> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Ariane van der Steldt <ari...@stack.nl>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > For development on OpenBSD, I need a sun v120 machine in Eindhoven,
> > the Netherlands.
> > It turns out, I don't have a 64-bit big-endian machine (and suns are
> > just awesome).
> >
> > Please contact me if you have one.
> > Thanks,
>
> I assume this is for legacy compatibility work?

No.

We do not consider any machines like that 'legacy'.

Running the same kernel code, different machines architectures can
expose bugs differently.

Besides the i386/amd64 differences, the sparc64 and hppa architectures
are very important.  They are relatively fast and pretty weird in some
ways, so bugs are spotted fast.

> While Sun made good
> hardware, My friends in Boston universities, such as MIT and Harvard,
> with Sun hardware have been.... extremely unhappy with Oracle's
> support. The Oracle presented upgrade paths for such hardware has been
> basically "replace the hardware and install a more supported OS" such
> as the Oracle rebundled RHEL called "Unbreakable Linux".

I am still hoping someone will get me a Sun/Fujitsu M3000.