On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 10:27:59PM -0400, Nick Holland wrote:

> dunno what "works fine" means, but today, we use a program called
> "tmux", which is part of base OpenBSD.

And tmux seems better written. On the Yeeloong, using
screen will send you in a kernel failure with a Trap 4
error, while using tmux you can do anything you want,
it's rock stable. screen has some shitty code inside
that overflows my fb and miod even tried to fix it
but it keeps crashing. moved to tmux, all problems gone.

Using tmux as suggested is a very good idea. First,
it's in the base system install, and second, there is
some shitty code in screen that does really bad things
to some consoles that just go nuts.

If you like to use Control-A in tmux like in screen,
create a .tmux.conf file in your home folder and
put the following inside of it :

set-option -g prefix C-a
bind-key C-a last-window
unbind C-b
set -g base-index 1
setw -g aggressive-resize on
bind-key -n F10 prev
bind-key -n F11 next
set-window-option -g mode-keys vi
set-window-option -g utf8 on

To copy/paste : Control-A to enter copy mode
(upper right a thing between [] appears) and
go to beginning of text to copy. Press space
bar once. Move to end of stuff to copy, press
Enter and it's done (sometimes you don't get a
visual feedback because of the console, don't
care). Use Control-a ] to paste as usual.

This config file uses Control-a instead of
Control-b, you can press Control-a twice to get
between the two last consoles (as screen does).
I use F10 and F11 keys to move to previous/
next console, you can remove those lines or change
them if you want to use other keys

Ditch screen. Use tmux.

--
Gilbert Fernandes