Anybody?

What makes this even more confusing is that in the man page for relayd.conf, it specifies a protocol called "http_ssl" that does NOT have this directive:

http protocol "http_ssl" {
                   header append "$REMOTE_ADDR" to "X-Forwarded-For"
header append "$SERVER_ADDR:$SERVER_PORT" to "X-Forwarded-By"
                   header change "Keep-Alive" to "$TIMEOUT"
                   query hash "sessid"
                   cookie hash "sessid"
                   path filter "*command=*" from "/cgi-bin/index.cgi"

                   ssl { sslv2, ciphers "MEDIUM:HIGH" }
           }

The protocol in the default relayd.conf DOES, however:

http protocol httpssl {
        header append "$REMOTE_ADDR" to "X-Forwarded-For"
        header append "$SERVER_ADDR:$SERVER_PORT" to "X-Forwarded-By"
        header change "Connection" to "close"

        # Various TCP performance options
        tcp { nodelay, sack, socket buffer 65536, backlog 128 }

#       ssl { no sslv2, sslv3, tlsv1, ciphers HIGH }
#       ssl session cache disable
}

I'm just after an explanation of what closing the connection is attempting to accomplish, and why it seems to be arbitrarily inserted into the default relayd.conf.

Thanks,

Andrew Klettke
Systems Admin
Optic Fusion NOC