On 06/15/11 14:36, Jean-Frangois SIMON wrote:
Hi,

I have a remote controlled machine which I manage by ssh and yet I'm in the
process of making up a small web page through which basic commands can be
passed.

I have no clear idea regarding how to design this, in the first place I
thought about a cgi script written in C which I did manage to have it say
"hello world" at the present time, but not yet much more.

There's not yet clear clues regarding how to make this peace of web
interface talk to the system and I would like to make it clean by means of
elegant way to deal with web page<->  system communication.

Any clue regarding the way it could be ?

Thanks,

Jean-Frangois

Please don't take this the wrong way--I am not trying to be "snarky",
but you should not attempt this on your own.

You're creating a great new attack surface which can really hurt
you.

GUI tools for anything (myphpadmin, etc) don't exactly have a
good history of security, at least not for a long time.

You CAN teach non-technical users to use a command line.  I
have done this, including normal people how to use the teco
editor.

--STeve Andre'