On 10/19/05, Wolfpaw - Dale Corse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > <snip for brevity>
>
> Diddo.
>

> > >- That also being said, as Darren pointed out below, we have
> > a group of
> > >people on this list, in particular the devs (but others too
> > I am sure)
> > >that have some serious UNIX skills. I personally, came from
> > the Linux &
> > >Cisco world primarily, but Unix has its strengths too.
> > (Linux is more..
> > >tolerant of users errors).
> >
> > Bullshit! I have retired from being a Linux instructor for
> > IBM just this year and I don't think anything has changed much since.
>
> Try something for me - toss 40 novice programmers on a machine, and
> let them hammer away at it. In this one, I think I have you beat,
> running a shell provider for muds, for almost 10 years - I can tell
> you, BSD does not stand up to it .. Now I admit - it was years ago,
> and it was FreeBSD that we tried - it just didn't stand up.. Had
> users crashing the box and such. This was not a "Linux is better"
> comment - the opposite actually.. I find UNIX more useful by far,
> but for a beginner, linux is a better place to start. Linux has the
> OOM killer, among other things, that save the box from being eaten
> Alive. If you'd like to debate shell hosting with me, please feel free,
> But you may want to lose that debate one off the list.
>
> > >What I believe, is that OpenBSD has the ability, with the
> > features it
> > >is concentrated around, specifically in the areas of IP redundancy,
> > >routing, and firewalling - to take a very big chunk out of Cisco,
> > >Juniper, etc. If it was properly put forward - it would be a huge
> > >victory for the Open Source movement, UNIX, and for OpenBSD itself.
> >
> > OpenBSD is not into World Domination (TM Linus)
> >
> > <snip>
>
> Duh. If that's what you read - read it again.  It says "OpenBSD is
> a better product. It should be shown to people. This generates a
> bigger community, and kudo's for Open Source (which is also an
> Attitude - one which, if I am not mistaken, the lead devs for this
> Project tend to be quite defensive of. Ask Theo sometime about
> Adaptec, or Intel .. And see what he says.)
>
> > >- If bug reporting is such a headache - write a bug handling
> > system. I
> > >will
> > >  even write it for you. There are many distro's with one,
> > and it saves the
> > >  devs problems with reports, and the users frustration at
> > not sending them
> > >  correctly - and the bitching from the list that goes with
> > it. E-mailed bug
> > >  reports is behind the times.
> > >
> > http://openbsd.org/report.html is referenced in the link menu
> > on the left hand side of the homepage.
>
> Can you please enlighten me as to how this is a web based system?

Hi Wolfpaw,

You could use

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=sendbug&sektion=1&format=html

as said on

http://www.openbsd.org/report.html

to report the bug through internet easily.

sendbug is a tool used to submit problem reports (PRs) to the OpenBSD
     bugs database.  sendbug invokes an editor on a problem report template
     (after filling in some fields with reasonable default values).  When you
     exit the editor, sendbug sends the completed form to the OpenBSD bugs
     database.  The PR will be assigned a unique number and stored in the bugs
     database according to its category.  An automatic reply will be sent with
     an acknowledgement, citing the category and the PR number.

     The bugs database can be queried using the online bug tracking system
     available at http://www.openbsd.org/query-pr.html.  This allows users to
     search for PRs based on either their PR number or content.

Hope this helps :-)

Kind Regards

Siju