> Overwriting file in /etc could cause all sorts of problems, rc scripts
> corrupted could leave you in single user mode for example.
>

> Regards
>
> Nigel Taylor

Thanks a bunch for the tips and encouragement.
I was using the tutorial at http://www.argon18.com/raid_openbsd.html
This tutorial was very useful up until I reached the fstab file, the
configuration given does not seem to work. My new fstab file is as
follows.

/dev/sd0a / ffs rw 1 1
/dev/sd0b none swap sw 0 0
/dev/raid0d /home ffs rw,nodev,nosuid,softdep 1 2

using either a full raid map (/dev/raid0a / ...) or mapping /home to
/dev/sd0d would cause the system to boot single user or call for fsck
to be run.

Another question regarding the raid0.conf file given in the tutorial.
It's listed as.

START array
1 2 0
START disks
/dev/sd0d
/dev/sd1d
START layout
128 1 1 1
START queue
fifo 100

My question is why aren't I also raiding the sd0a and sd1a partitions?
Does this mean I need to run a dump -0f- command whenever I
make changes to the root partition?

The fstab configuration given in the tutorial gets wiped out on reboot.
So, I can't assume that part of the tutorial is useful, but here's the
configuration given for the secondary disk.

/dev/raid0a / ffs rw 1 1
/dev/raid0b none swap sw 0 0
/dev/raid0d /home rw,nodev,nosuid,softdep 1 2

Right now when I add raid0a to fstab it will boot single user, but raid0a
is not in my raid0.conf file.