On 07/07/11 13:25, Ingo Schwarze wrote:
Hi Juan,

Juan Miscaro wrote on Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 09:02:08AM -0400:

Was wondering what advantages OpenBSD has over a progressive Linux
distribution such as Ubuntu (Server edition).  One thing I noticed is
that they're having a hell of a time transitioning away from the
traditional sysvinit-based system to the Upstart event-based init
daemon system.
For starters, there is 100% consensus among developers that we'll never
use newfangled overengineered stuff like System V init.

SCNR,
   Ingo

To add to this just a little:

The developers don't adopt new things just because they're new.
If something isn't reasonable, useful and secure it isn't used.  This
is one reason why each new release of OpenBSD doesn't have the
currently released version of gcc, for example.

Security means many things besides being attack-proof.  If things
are solid, you don't have to worry about your machines when away
from them.  You also have the fact that if a real problem occurs,
there will be a rapid response to it.

But you need to look the system over, and decide for yourself.
Read the website.  It isn't that large.

--STeve Andre'