>>> Since the past few days, I can't get anything to build with dpb. The
>>> machine locks up in a hanged state with no response. I have to
>>> forcibly power off.
>>
>> What was it building at the time?
>
> dpb was building www/amaya/browser and its related dependencies. When
> I try to get to that folder and do a make, I can't do it now because
> its marked as broken due to newer png ....
>

>>> This started happening post c2k11 changes.
>>>
>>> amd64, GENERIC.MP compiled from source. Tried the amd64 July 10th
>>> snapshot and its the same result.
>>>
>>> It looks like it hangs in devel/libsigsegv but its not resolved by
>>> reverting art@ KERNEL_LOCK()/KERNEL_UNLOCK() as guenther@ says a few
>>> hours ago. I compiled kernel again post his commit and its still
>>> hanging.
>>
>> Well, start backing chunks out or doing a search by date and see if
>> you can narrow it down....
>
> Okay, I will try it.

Uh... very sorry for this.

The hang problem's disappeared as soon as I rm -rf /usr/ports/* and
did a cvs co ports. It was linked with your commit and my local ports
tree being subtly broken. As Stuart reported on another thread, when
you mix checkouts with OpenRCS and gnu cvs you get unknown build
problems in ports tree. I try to distribute load to 3+ cvs servers,
now I am dropping the one which has OpenRCS.

thanks