On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 6:04 AM, citoyen citoyen <cccito...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm about starting a project of building my own High secure UTM based on
the
> last openbsd flower 4.9,
> i can do all system and network configs B needed by myself B but I'm
wondering
> what language to use in order to get
> my UTM configurable from a web browser.
> any pointers or help are welcome.

i built a similar UTM project using openbsd as firewall and freedos
for fileserver (raw device access is way faster than mucking around in
userland)

the web interface should be coded in js

js would generate m4 macros that generate pf rules, spamd rules, etc

low complexity:

js -> m4 -> pf preprocessor -> pf

the m4 macros look like this:

divert(-1)

define(`pu',    `pushdef($@)')
define(`po',    `popdef($@)')

define(`m4pf_blockrule',
`p(`P', `$1')'
`block proto P from F to T'`'

divert(0)dnl

the idea is to replicate the pf.conf syntax in m4 and js so that i can
use the webinterface to do the configuration and users don't need to
learn pf.conf, but they need to learn my interface instead. i thought
of just serving the contents of pf.conf initially, but that's too
complicated and you've seem to have discarded that anyway