Hi,

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 11:46:24AM -0600, Deraj Puma wrote:

> [...]
>
> I tweaked it a bit further, and am running into an issue I don't quite
> understand. I can send mail without getting an error but it never
> arrives. The new conf is:
> ---
> map secrets { source db "/etc/mail/secrets.db" }
> +accept from all for domain mydomain deliver to mbox
> +accept for all relay via smtp.comcast.net tls auth "secrets"
>
> The error is:
> ---
> lka: smtp.comcast.net secret lookup (0)
> smtp.comcast.net secret not found
> mta: new status for email@address: 190 secrets lookup failed
>
> /etc/mail/secrets.db is owned by root and _smtpd is its group. I'm
> guessing I'm missing something really basic again but I don't know
> what. By the way, secrets is of the form username:password and I
> followed the steps outlined in smtpd.conf(5) to generate the database.

Without seeing your /etc/mail/secrets, I'm going to have a hard time
helping you. Just send it back and replace your username with U and
your password with P, this way I can at least check that it has the
correct format.

Does it also fail with source plain ?
How did you generate the secrets.db ?

Gilles