roberth <rob...@openbsd.pap.st> writes:

> Seriously, why?

I was current for the first time in years just before the 5.0 tag to try
out Dale Rahn's powerpc interrupt changes since I was seeing errors in
my log that seemed to fit the description in the email in tech asking
for testers.  Usually, I don't run current because I'm not sure I know
what I should be looking for or trying out to provide helpful tests.
The fact that I'm not at the level of understanding to know what a
kernel developer might find useful to have checked suggests to me I'm
not doing anything very useful by running current usually.

So that would leave only my own purposes.  I'm really fond of the six
month rhythm, but there are some things I like about being close to the
latest too, mostly to do with not having to backport the ports that I
somehow get into my head I want a later version of.  I'm not sure if
this will be a good enough reason yet.  Soon I should try an upgrade to
a snapshot now that these interrupt changes are committed.  Maybe I will
stick somewhere near current or a snapshot from now on, at least on my
main machine.  I don't know.

A question I wonder about though, if I'm not running current in a way
that helps the project, am I just wasting system and network resources
keeping up with it?

- Mike