On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 05:38:59PM -0700, Tom wrote:
> [...]
> I think the problem here would be at the softraid layer. Is there anything
that
> can be done to restore the drive? I know the original passphrase,
encryption
> parameters, disklabel parameters, block size, reserved space, etc and have
> not newfs-ed the drive since creating it originally.
> [...]

I'm afraid your data is lost. When you entered a "new" passphrase, a new
random encryption key was created and stored (encrypted with the
passphrase) at the same location as the old one (see
/usr/src/sys/dev/softraid_crypto.c, line 571 and line 576). That means
the old encryption key has been overwritten and your disk content
reduced to bit rubbish. I just hope there wasn't too much important data
on the partition...

--
    Gregor Best