Beck Zoltan Gyula wrote:
> Hi!
>
>   I would like to ask if it is possible to use a large, more than 2T
> diskarray or CCD?
>   In FAQ: "14.7 - What are the issues regarding large
> drives with OpenBSD?
>
> OpenBSD supports an individual file system of up to 231-1, or
> 2,147,483,647 sectors, and as each sector is 512 bytes, that's a tiny
> amount less than 1T."
>
>   It's true I can't use my 2T partition?
>
>   Best Regards
> Bzg

2TB is greater than 1TB, so yes, it can not be one file system.

it COULD (and probably SHOULD) be multiple file systems on one array.

I can think of lots of apps which might need more than 1TB.
I can't think of many apps which need more than 1TB now that might not
some day need more than 10TB.

It is probably easier to bolt-on new partitions later than to rebuild on
a new array later.  Plan for multiple partitions now...

Nick.