On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Alessandro Baggi
<alessandro.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tomas,
>
> Yes, clamd is already running. Now i'm starting it from rc.local.
>
> Reading man pages from www.openbsd.org I get:
>
> The fourth section contains the/pkg_scripts/ B variable, responsible for
> B  B  starting and stoppingrc.d(8)

B <http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=rc.d&sektion=8&arch=i386&apro
pos=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current>
> B scripts installed by packages in the speci-
> B  B  fied order. B For example, the following line
>
> B  B  B  B  B  pkg_scripts="dbus_daemon cupsd"
>
> B  B  will run//etc/rc.d/dbus_daemon/ B then//etc/rc.d/cupsd/ B with
the/start/
> B argu-
> B  B  ment at boot time and in reverse order with the/stop/ B argument at
shut-
> B  B  down.
>

> but reading man from my installed OpenBSD (4.9/amd64), i get:
>
> The fourth section contains the/rc_scripts/ B variable, responsible for
> B  B  starting and stoppingrc.d(8)

B <http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=rc.d&sektion=8&arch=i386&apro
pos=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current>
> B scripts installed by packages in the speci-
> B  B  fied order. B For example, the following line
>
> B  B  B  B  B  rc_scripts="dbus_daemon cupsd"
>
> B  B  will run//etc/rc.d/dbus_daemon/ B then//etc/rc.d/cupsd/ B with
the/start/
> B argu-
> B  B  ment at boot time and in reverse order with the/stop/ B argument at
shut-
> B  B  down.
>
> What's the way?

the manpage on openbsd.org defaults to -current which is quite
different with 4.9.

from http://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade50.html#rc.d :

rc.conf 'rc_scripts' variable renamed to 'pkg_scripts': This change
was introduced to make it clear that pkg_scripts should only be used
to store packages(7) rc.d(8) scripts names.

I just tried clamd and it worked (after configuring and passing manual
invocation of /etc/rc.d/clamd start which involves waiting for initial
database finished downloading using freshclam). This is my
rc.conf.local:

[edho@dalian ~]$ cat /etc/rc.conf.local
ntpd_flags=             # enabled during install
#xdm_flags=             # enabled during install
rc_scripts="freshclam clamd gdm"