Hello, I'm new to OpenBSD so I don't really know what I'm doing, nor
have I probably checked all the man pages I should have, since I don't
know which ones to check.  I've looked at wscons, wsconsctl and
wsdisplay.

What I'd like to do is have my TERM environment variable set to wsvt25
for all users forever, and XTERM set to xterm-xfree86 for all users
forever.

I've grepped through /etc and I can't find where environment variables
are set, either.  So (my user account shell is bash) I set TERM=wsvt25
in .bash_profile, and when I login I get the "declare ...." messages,
but it ignores TERM and XTERM that I set, with TERM set to vt220.

I like colorls and color syntax highlighting when using emacs on a
console, so that's why I want wsvt25.  If I could have a higher
resolution that would be nice too, but is there a wsvt50 or something
like that?  Is it possible to have a color framebuffer console at
1024x768x256 colors?

Also with XTERM=xterm-xfree86 (advice from the colorls package
maintainer) is that correct now with X being X.org and not XFree86?

Thanks very much.
James