Philipp Westphal wrote:
> I have no problems with local printing but when it comes to remote
> printing that is what i can read in /var/log/lpd-errs:
snip
> remember having similar problems back in 1998 running FreeBSD, i think
> a patch did the job back then, is here someone whoo can tell me more
> about that?  I didn't find anything about network printing within the

Because there is nothing OpenBSD specific about printing using lpd.

To my knowledge lpd on OpenBSD and FreeBSD should have the same
functionality of old Berkeley lpd. That would mean that you could
refresh your knowledge of network printing by reading FreeBSD Handbook

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/printing-advanced.html

You can check out that OpenBSD lpd code has changed very little over
long period of time

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin/lpr/

You left out many information which makes it difficult to help you. I
gathered that OpenBSD is supposed to act as a printer server? However, I
do not know the topology of your network, firewall configuration on the
client and server side (you have to open a port on the firewall of your
printer server to receive printing jobs), you might have a DNS problem
if you use for example OpenDNS for your local network (my recommendation
that you run local DNS server or use DNS server of your local Internet
service provider if you want to have network printing). You didn't tell
us if the client is also OpenBSD machine or something else? If it is a
OpenBSD machine please show us printcap file of the client.

Did you edit /etc/hosts.lpd file on the machine which you use as a
printer server and did you add IP addresses of client machines?

Please help us if you want us to help you.

Best,
Predrag