Unfortunately, I don't have a managed switch and I would really like to have
spamd on another box (which will only have one network interface) and would
like to know if this kind of configuration is possible or not, if yes how...
----- Original Message -----
From: Sevan / Venture37 <ventur...@gmail.com>
To:
misc@openbsd.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 12:23 PM
Subject: Re:
dedicating a server to spamd

On 25/10/2011 10:57, ML mail wrote:
> That's
what I thought, but how will the valid (non-spam) packets get forwarded
> from
the spamd OpenBSD server to the Linux qmail server (both sitting on the
> same
DMZ network as you suggest) ?

Why use another box, use vlans on a managed
switch to split your networks up & tag each vlan on the switch port the
openbsd fw is connected on, on the openbsd fw side of things, enable ip
forwarding (net.inet.ip.forwarding=1) & configure a vlan(4) interface for each
vlan configured on the switch port, this tactic is sometimes referred to as a
"router on a stick"

Sevan