On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 04:58:51PM +0000, sc...@web.de wrote:
> In no of the above man pages stay (1) the format of mixerctl.conf
> or (2) where it must be placed. From the end of the page mixerctl.conf(5)
> I can infer "/etc/mixerctl.conf" is the place. Waht is the format?
> Name=value pairs separated by new lines?
>
> Rod.

by cosmic coincidence, ajacoutot this very day committed a stub
/etc/mixerctl.conf file.

an omission on my part. i just fixed this in the man page a minute ago.

as to where to put them, there is no neccessary inference. FILES
describes it exactly. we could say so again, in the body of the page,
but i think there would be no gain.

jmc