On 10/31/2011 10:01 PM, Tyler Morgan wrote:
Hi, I setup four 4.9-RELEASE installs under ESXi 5.0.0:

amd64 as "Other"
amd64 as "FreeBSD"
i386 as "Other"
i386 as "FreeBSD"

All 4 got 512megs of RAM, unlimited use of the 8 available CPU cores,
and totally default installs other than stress from ports.

After installing I ran "stress --cpu 8 --io 4 --vm 2 --vm-bytes 128M
--hdd 4 --hdd-bytes 128M --timeout 60s" in an infinite loop for a few
hours. Then I let them sit for a couple days. Then I the stress loops
again for a few hours with 3 days of uptime. I verified the stress was
pegging 95%+ of all CPU, doing about 75% of what the RAID array is
capable of in disk read/write, and as much RAM as I'd let it have -- all
verified using ESXi's standard host monitoring.

At the end of testing, I have no unusual messages in dmesg, a normal
0.5ish load when idle, and no noticed performance issues on all four
virtual machines.

The ESXi host is a 3.5 year old SuperMicro server from Penguin Linux
with 2xXeon X5365s, 32Gigs of ECC DDR3, and an Adaptec RAID controller.
I can get a real dmesg out of the ESXi host if anyone wants it, and
someone already provided a dmesg of 4.9-RELEASE under VMWare, but I can
also provide those if desired.

ESXi 3.5?? Can you test with ESXi 4 U2??

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com