Graham,

I use a bridge and assign the IP to one NIC, albeit statically assigned,
on several "production" OpenBSD 3.5 systems. If I ever switched the IP to
the Other NIC, I would lose connectivity until the ARP tables on the
various LAN hosts updated with the new MAC address. Maybe about 10 minutes
if I recall. I don't recall what the times are for ARP table refreshes
average.

Agreeing with what another individual said regarding this post, it's a
transparent bridge, so that IP living on multiple NICs is a really moot
point. I would venture to guess that the kernel gets really annoyed having
to track an address on two different NICs with or without a bridge in
place.

best regards,
Jim