Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.

cdrecord: This version of cdrecord does not include DVD-R/DVD-RW support code.
cdrecord: If you need DVD-R/DVD-RW support, ask the Author for cdrecord-ProDVD.
cdrecord: Free test versions and free keys for personal use are at
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/

Apparently this support code has been in cdrtools since 2009, the site
it tells me to go to tells me I don't need it. It's like bureaucracy,
lol.

I could build their cdrtools, but the port must be ancient or something.

Perhaps I could become a packager. Another port, gtk-gnutella, isn't
even worth having if its not maintained.

John Tate.

--
www.johntate.org