On Nov 23, 2011, at 19:45, Josh Grosse <j...@jggimi.homeip.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 04:41:09PM -0500, Brian Hechinger wrote:
>
>> Anyone know where I should be looking here to figure out why this
>> isn't working?
>
> Brian, I don't know if you've received other advice yet, but the key here is
> to -post- configuration information.  For example, your dmesg and your
> hostname.bridge0 config file.  That way, people can look at your
configuration
> rather than guessing.

You are correct. I was rushing out the door and in turn rushed my email. That
was wrong of me.

> I'll guess your configuration is missing an "up" ifconfig setting, which I
> recall is explictly required for the bridge to forward packets.  See the
> "BRIDGE" section in the ifconfig(8) man page.

Unfortunately you would be wrong. I should have prefaced my email at the very
least with the fact that I have setup bridging openbsd boxes before and do
know how to do it as well as the fact that we beat all the basics to death in
#openbsd on FreeNode.

hostname.em1:
up

hostname.em2:
up

hostname.bridge0:
add em1
add em2
up

Stock pf.conf.

I can copy and paste the output of ifconfig tomorrow but you won't see
anything unusual there.

Playing around a bit more by putting logging on pf it looks like the packets
aren't making it to the openbsd box so this could very well be a VMware
issue.

Unless openbsd is dropping them before pf gets them but that strikes me as
rather unlikely.

-brian