On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:30:51PM +0400, Wesley M. wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I use OpenBSD 5.0
| I know the *.mc files are in :
| /usr/share/sendmail/cf/
| And sendmail.cf file is in /etc/mail, but it comes
| from which mc file ?

/usr/share/sendmail/cf/openbsd-proto.mc

| I just want to modify the origin mc file to allow me
| to send email from a real domain instead of his hostname.
| Or perhaps, there
| an easiest way to do that... Wrong ?

I copy openbsd-proto.mc to hostname.mc, edit hostname.mc and then
`make hostname.cf`.  Then I copy hostname.cf to /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
and restart sendmail.

Looking more closely at how I set this up, hostname.mc is actually in
/etc/mail with a symlink to /usr/share/sendmail/cf and sendmail.cf is
a symlink to /usr/share/sendmail/cf/hostname.cf.  This way, my /etc
backup backs up the configuration (mc file) and not its parsed output
(cf file, which still gets backed up to /var/backups).

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/