--- On Tue, 11/29/11, David Walker <davidianwal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: David Walker <davidianwal...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Newbie: mounting USB flash drive failure
> To: misc@openbsd.org
> Date: Tuesday, November 29, 2011, 6:25 PM

> For a hardware type question a dmesg is expected.

Thanks, I will remember that next time, if any...

> I'm no expert. I do know that one of my USB drives that
> used to work
> on OpenBSD fine has got flakey to the point where it
> doesn't any more.
> Windows still deals with it fine.
> If it's as simple as that get another one.
Amazing! It worked, you are right! This is one more
hardware issue that OpenBSD seems to bring up. My RTL8187
WIFI adapter only works in Linux if I specifically limit
the bit rate to 1Mb, as I share my neighbor's ISP via his
wireless modem. The signal is weak and the Linux driver
does not automatically adjust the bit rate to work with
the available signal/noise ratio. No problem in OpenBSD,
worked out of the box even during installation.

My thanks for the responses to this posting.

Regards

Neoklis - Ham Radio Call 5B4AZ
QTH Locator KM64KR
Website: http://www.qsl.net/5b4az/