On 10/27/05, Stephen Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Any more ideas?
>
> I have found a PR4570 which seems to be a similar problem.
> Interestingly, this was with an nForce4 chipset, whereas my chipset is
> Intel.

I completely missed that you're running amd64 (I saw Intel Xeon, and
thought i386).  You might try an i386 kernel (maybe the bsd.rd
installer, as you don't want to mix libs between i386 and amd64) to
see if the CD-ROM works there.  If it works under i386, then it looks
like a bug somewhere in the amd64 kernel, and might be worth filing a
bug over (or perhaps adding comments to PR4570).

More data is good.  If you can swap the drive, that would be a good
test.  Also, testing other BSDs can't hurt -- NetBSD, OpenBSD, and
FreeBSD share some code, Net and Open more so than Free; although
they've diverged quite a bit, sometimes drivers (and bugfixes) are
ported between them.  Note that saying "but it works in NetBSD, fix
it!" isn't likely to get you much help here, but "it's also broken in
NetBSD" might help track down the bug.  I'm not an OpenBSD developer,
so if someone who is one chimes in, take their word over mine.  :-)

Andrew