On 2011-12-14 09.43, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2011-12-14, Sean Kamath <kam...@moultingpenguin.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 11, 2011, at 9:19 AM, Chris Bennett wrote:
>>> this is the setup I use to upgrade and install on my remote server.
>>> It works great. This would probably be a good purchase since you
>>> could use it again in the future on other, later systems.
>>> Chris Bennett
>> http://us.adder.com/products/adderlink-ipeps
>> The run RealVNC on 'em, and cost a touch more, around $400.  You can have
>> multiple sessions, so up to 4 people can see the console at any given time.
>> I find they work well.
> While these can be useful for remote installs, the bitmap display
> from vnc isn't really useful with a screen reader (which is
> what this thread was asking about).

That depends, really.

I've got three visually impaired (well, more or less blind) aunts, and
while they all use screen readers that pick up text widgets and convert
them to braille, the two with most residual vision left also use screen
magnification as a tool to be able to see what's going on on the screen.

I don't know how much, if anything, Eric sees, but this *might* be an
option if the VNC client is run on a terminal with magnification
capability.

Regards,
/Benny

--
internetlabbet.se     / work:   +46 8 551 124 80      / "Words must
Benny Lofgren        /  mobile: +46 70 718 11 90     /   be weighed,