On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 22:47, Bryan <bra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is happening on OpenSSH for OpenBSD.
>
> LIttle backstory...
>
> I have an Motorola Droid that I use SSHDroidPro to connect to it from
> various PCs (windows and OpenBSD) to transfer files. B I upgraded to
> the Galaxy Nexus, and found that once I installed SSHDroidPro on it, I
> could no longer connect. B I bought QuickSSHd, thinking that there was
> some issue with the old application, but could still not connect..
>
> I have traced the issue back to sometime between November 20th, and
> December 16th. B How do I know that? B I had a VM from November 20th
> that I could SSH from to my new phone, but on my laptop, running a
> -current from December 16th fails.

<SNIPPED>

> And here is the output from the December 16th snapshot on my laptop:
>

> $ ssh -vvv 192.168.1.46
> OpenSSH_6.0-beta, OpenSSL 1.0.0e 6 Sep 2011
> debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
> debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
> debug1: Connecting to 192.168.1.46 [192.168.1.46] port 22.
>
> *sticks for about 45 seconds*
>
> debug1: connect to address 192.168.1.46 port 22: Connection timed out
> ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.46 port 22: Connection timed out
>
> And that it... B I can connect to the phone with PuTTY on a Windows
> machine with no issues...
>
> But here's the kicker... I booted up my old Droid, just to use the
> Wifi connection (plan on using it as a SIP), and used the December
> 16th snapshot to try and SSH, and it connects to the DROID just fine.
> I have changed the passwords from easy to more than 20 characters. B I
> can ping the box, and the nmap scan B that I use on Windows shows that
> port 22 is open (I can provide that if you need me to), but nothing I
> can do will get it to connect to the Galaxy Nexus on my laptop... B I
> wondered if there is something in the new 'Ice Cream Sandwich' Android
> 4.0...
>
> I have contacted the developers of SSHDroidPro, and QuickSSHd to ask
> them if they have had any issues, but I have not heard anything
> back...

There have been 4 changes made to OpenSSH between November 20th and
December 16th.

http://www.freshbsd.org/search?project=openbsd&q=ssh

DroidSSHPro and QuickSSHd both utilize the Dropbear implementation of
SSH, which looks like the guy took pieces from here and there, and
cobbled together something, which might be why it isn't working.

I am willing to test patches, if anyone wants to toss something over
the fence...  since I appear to be the only one having an issue.  If
you have a Galaxy Nexus, and use one of those apps to SSH, please give
it a try with a later snapshot...