Hi list,

 the OpenBSD upgrade pages carry a warning at the top "Note: Upgrades are only
supported from one release to the release immediately following it. Do not skip
releases."

What's the reason for this warning? I've had a look at the upgrade steps and the
only thing that seems to assume a certain system configuration is the update of
the configuration files using the patches. This shouldn't be a problem when
using sysmerge though, should it?

To be clear, I'm not intending to start a flame war about OpenBSD upgrade
processes, I was just wondering why releases shouldn't be skipped. I'm looking
to upgrade a machine running 4.6 to 5.0 and would obviously prefer to do this in
one step instead of four.

Thanks,

Lars