On Fri, 23 Dec 2011, Brynet wrote:

>On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 09:30:44PM -0500, Dave Anderson wrote:
>> For the iPhone, yes, but evidently not for the iPad2.
>
>Yes, it will be a manual effort for as long as Apple releases new devices.
>
>> >If you want to use libusb ports (..like gphoto2), you'll need to add
>> >similars
>> >quirks for the iPad2.
>> >
>> >You didn't post the product ID.
>>
>> I assumed (perhaps foolishly) that this was already known since the
>> device was recognized as '"Apple Inc. iPad" rev 2.00/0.01'.  And I don't
>> _have_ the product ID anywhere I know of (other than by looking in the
>> source).
>
>That is the product name obtained from the device itself, you'll need to add it
>to usbdevs and regen first. Patches for other iDevices are on the lists, it
>should be easy enough for you to find them in the archives.
>
>Each model has it's own product ID, AFAIK they're not published by Apple.
>
>Look at usbdevs(8), specifically the verbose option.

Ungh.  I think I was confusing what appears in the dmesg for PCI devices
with what appears for USB devices.  Apologies to all.  I'll run usbdevs
and report the product ID when I get the chance.  There's no urgency
from my side; I'm not trying to do anything with this (yet).

        Dave

--
Dave Anderson
<d...@daveanderson.com>