On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 11:15:14AM +0100, Sebastian Rother wrote:
> I've a question because ssh-agent.
> Why do I've to start an ssh-agent for each Console even sudo works for all
consoles if I entered the password once?

> Maybe I missed something in the configuration but I don#t think so.
> Is there any special reason for this?
> If not: Wouldn#t that be a perfect change-request? =)
>
> Kind regards,
> Sebastian

This is just the way ssh-agent works, it uses environment variables.

There are solutions for situations where you have X, and where you
don't. If you are using X, you could just edit your xinitrc or xsession
to start your window maker with ssh-agent:

        /usr/bin/ssh-agent /usr/X11R6/bin/ion3

If you are not using X, you have to edit your shells profile to use a
program to start/resume some sort of session for it.

You can use "keychain" for example, maintained by a gentoo developer,
or you can use my ssh-agent-session script if you don't need the extra
stuff or don't like keychain, or you can make something yourself.

The script I am using can be found here:
        http://pub.devbox.be/devel/ssh-agent-session/

Any remarks or suggestions are appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jimmy Scott

--
People usually get what's coming to them ... unless it's been mailed.