In gmane.os.openbsd.misc, you wrote:
> I'm trying to troubleshoot some performance issues for high speed data
> transfers across a long network path with a fairly high bandwidth delay.

Any difference between TCP and UDP?

As a test to help pinpoint things, can you try passing the traffic
near the top of your ruleset with 'pass quick..flags any no state'?
Or with PF ddisabled if that's possible?

Anything in syslog from PF? How about after pfctl -xmisc?

Is this path using the same network interface as you've used in
local tests?

Always worth including dmesg, irq assignments might be interesting.

Are any interfaces marked 'down'?

Are you using pfsync?

Doing any bridging or just routing?