--On 31 October 2005 14:50 -0800, Diego Arimany wrote:

Consoles on i386 involve vga(4) and wscons(4), you just have text
modes to choose from which probably won't help you.

I4ve tried using 'wsconscfg' to set the screen, but the text modes
are not much better (unless there is a stretch option).

Yes, they're all VGA text modes for a 640x480 screen - without 'stretch' in the bios, you won't get very far.

On the other hand, I thought about using the wsdisplay device, but
when I go into UKC it does not exists.  I don4t know the correct
parrameters to add it.

wsdisplay is an abstraction layer, used for connecting to the actual device. For i386 it connects to vga, which is the textmode VGA. Some OpenBSD architectures (sparc64 and macppc) do use VGA in graphics-mode [vgafb(4)], but that doesn't help you on i386, and in any event I'm not sure how much control is available, if any.

I am running X, but the screen size doesn4t improve either.

To give full-screen output on your machine, the X server needs to run at the native resolution of your LCD panel. If a simple ctrl-alt-+ doesn't help, you need to determine a suitable xorg.conf mode line for the native resolution of the panel - gtf(1) might help.