On Sun, 22 Jan 2012, Philip Guenther wrote:

<snip the BS>

There is no way of knowing if it would have found the problem, so why
continue with this drivel? Contrary to the lengthy diatribes here trying
to distract from the original problem an solution:

1) The problem with locate was traced to a bunch of session files;
2) The problem was fixed by cleaning them the hard way.

There is no way to know if an upgrade would have fixed the problem, as
upgrading is/was/would be just a distraction; it is not good practice to
try and obscure the problem, and I do not understand why some people here
like to expouse such practices.

Sure, there is no support for 4.3, but, then I did not ASK for support on
4.3 (to read the OP). Don't bother to try and dixtract from the original
problem - it juse makes it harder for those LOOKING for the problem and
solution to find it in all the noise.

        Lee