Hello World!

Perhaps a trivial question. Let us suppose, I follow the instructions
of SOFTRAID(4) for bulding a Raid 1 device sd0 from wd1, wd2, wd3.
Let us suppose that I make a ufs file system in sd0. As I see, there
are fdisc and disklabel partitions in each wd disc and in sd0.

Will I later be able to mount wd1 (wd2, wd3) alone? As a Raid1 with
one disk? And if I want to mount it in other operating system
supporting ufs?

And a question not about OpenBSD: is this problem solved with Hardware
Raid or do hardware Raid controles add other info to the discs? I have
a dpt PM37755U2B (SmartRaid V Millenium): is this controler supported
by OpenBSD (not mentioned in DPT(4))?

I want to make a file server with an old computer, just for backups,
but I want portable discs, not to depend too much on hardware and
operating system. Do someone have an Idea what can I do? :)

Thanks
Rod.