Camiel Dobbelaar <cd <at> sentia.nl> writes:

> Can you show the output of:
> - ifconfig carp
> - ifconfig -g carp
> - netstat -s -p carp
> - sysctl net.inet.carp

Ahhh... actually, I noticed mbuf memory error with one of these:

# netstat -s -p carp
carp:
        3112793 packets received (IPv4)
        0 packets received (IPv6)
                0 packets discarded for bad interface
                0 packets discarded for wrong TTL
                0 packets shorter than header
                0 discarded for bad checksums
                0 discarded packets with a bad version
                1347685 discarded because packet too short
                0 discarded for bad authentication
                0 discarded for unknown vhid
                0 discarded because of a bad address list
        4512672 packets sent (IPv4)
        0 packets sent (IPv6)
                8589 send failed due to mbuf memory error
        391 transitions to master

And also increasing the carp logging I now see:

Feb  1 13:50:02 fw1 /bsd: carp: carp1 demoted group carp by -1 to 0 (<
snderrors)
Feb  1 13:50:04 fw1 /bsd: carp0: state transition: BACKUP -> MASTER
Feb  1 13:56:48 fw1 /bsd: carp: carp1 demoted group carp by 1 to 1 (> snderrors)
Feb  1 13:56:48 fw1 /bsd: carp0: state transition: MASTER -> BACKUP

So how do I go about debugging this?

> Do you use pfsync?  If yes, can you try adding "keep state (no-sync)" to
> the carp rules?

I tried adding this, no effect. I also tried removing IPv6 from the interface
as
someone suggested, but that didn't help either it seems.

-Matt