On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 01:41:42 +0100, Lars <nore...@z505.com> wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

It's called viral marketing, PR, social crap whatever. Raspberry Pi
foundation claims something about support for schools and
blahblahblah, but in fact was created but one of engineers of
Broadcom. It's just test bed for their proprietary crap or vendor lock
in via children and a way how to lower taxes via charity organization
without real charity.

What's so funny is that they put GNU/Linux on it, when gNU is supposed to
be about FREE dom. LOL. Fucking LOL.

I think Raspberry Pi isn't so useful for my needs anyway because for
example it only has one network port, not two or three...

For poor people in third world countries I think they would be better off
buying used 1ghz-2ghz Desktop computers for $50/each that includes PCI
slots and such. I've purchased some computers less than 50 dollars. The
only advantage of the raspberry pi over a used desktop PC is that it uses
much less power (1 Watt or whatever) and that it is really small. I don't
see how a small tiny circuit will help third world countries but I can see
an advantage to 1 watt electricity.

Each watt consumed is very important if various computers are connected to a solar panel. The decisions taken during the design of the OLPC are a good example.

--
Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info