On Sat, 4 Feb 2012 21:17:44 +0200
Mihai Popescu <mihp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How did you install the firmware?
>
> I've run once in troubles with an iwi0 interface because I messed up
> the .tgz firmware file unpack. I never used a laptop with wireless and
> OpenBSD so I was not aware that I need to download some firmware
> files.
> I don't remember what exactly I did wrong, the files were there but I
> got the same error with load. I saw the run of /usr/sbin/fw_update at
> boot time.
> I've deleted the firmware files that I've installed from /etc/firmware
> and run this script by hand. Then it was fine for iwi to load.

I installed with the package tools.

The good news: it's working now with DHCP.

The bad news: I didn't make notes, so I don't remember exactly what
MADE it work. I spent a bit of time running ifconfig iwn0 scan (and
getting frustrated) both with and without debug. What made it work may
have been specifying dhcp, because the other bad news is that assigning
a fixed IPv4 address still does not work: ifconfig will report the
address as bound to the interface, but the router shows the connection
as being at 0.0.0.0. Works OK to get to things on my own subnet, but
not so well otherwise.

Failing hostname.iwn0 (sanitized) below signature. This hostname.iwn0
was generated using ifconfig commands.

--

Edward Ahlsen-Girard
Ft Walton Beach, FL