Well, I have made an interesting discovery. I gave the 'bsd' kernel a spin
instead of 'bsd.rd', and I got a panic. However, the panic was for not finding
a rootfs:

panic: root device (230c0009f2e600f0) not found
Stopped at      Debugger+0x5:   leave
RUN AT LEAST 'trace' AND 'ps' AND INCLUDE OUTPUT WHEN REPORTING THIS BUG!
DO NOT EVEN BOTHER REPORTING THIS WITHOUT INCLUDING THIS INFORMATION!

This is a good sign, I assume, as the 'bsd' kernel isn't meant to be run by
itself, am I correct? I scrolled back in the dmesg a few screens, and found
this:

athn0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Atheros AR9300" rev 0x01: apic 4 int 17
athn0: AR9300 rev 3 (2T2R), REM rev 0, address 1c:65:9d:de:de:56

So the wireless adapter is detected and working on this kernel, but not on
'bsd.rd'. Any ideas?