Gustavo Rios wrote:
Hey folks,

i am setting two  firewalls to operate with CARP.

They have three interface each, one to outside, one to inside and the
third will link them both together.

The outside network, is a  just used for routing, it useds 192.68.0.*.

I requested three address: 192.168.0.1 (Will be used for redundancy),
192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.3 on each of the firewall outside interface.

Each of the firewalls outside interface are connected to a switch. I
doubt is that, funcionally my network reach address will be advertised
as 192.168.0.1, i will be doing failover and load balance with it.
Would this approach requires any special support into the switch
device?

Thanks

I don't know how you will load balance but failover will work, no special switch configuring required. Though without redundant switches you have your new single point of failure is the switches.