On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 02:08:39 -0400 (EDT)
Alan Corey <ab...@wolfman.devio.us> wrote:

> I've got a little LAN sharing a dial-up modem.  I'm running pf, doing NAT to
> 192.168.0.0/24, running DHCP serving up the IP, gateway, DNS server
> addresses, all that's working fine.

> I've got a US Robotics 8054 WiFi router (it was free) which I'd
> like to hang off my LAN somehow, except that's not quite what it was made
> for.  The 8054's got its own internal DHCP server (which can be turned off).
> When I use it, it doesn't seem to be passing the gateway and DHCP server
> addresses along to the Kindle, just an IP address from its pool.

ON your OpenBSD machine running pf, it sounds like you have 2 ethernet cards
(one connected to Internet, one connected to your local network which you are
NAT'ing to). Plug the internally-facing ethernet into the 8054 WiFi router
(router as the client), configure it to use the same subnet as your internal
ethernet card, and run everything (wifi and wired) through this router, with
your usual NAT setup.

It should not matter that your machines (kindles or whatever) are getting an IP
address in a different range (via DHCP from your 8054), the wifi router will
forward them on to your firewall/pf regardless.