On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Theo de Raadt <dera...@cvs.openbsd.org> wrote:
> Balony.
>
> If software cannot cope intelligently with soft resource limits,
> then such software is probably broken.
>
> Otherwise, let's just remove the entire resource limit subsystem, ok?

No need to remove it I think, because the sole usage of it has a
purpose since you've put it there from the start.
I can't call xxxterm as being probably broken because my knowledge and
position don't allow me to do that. This package asks for minimum 1024
file descriptors and recommands 2048. I modified openfiles-max in
login.conf. That was the closest place I found to fulfill the request.
The other application is shotwell, it crashes when you try to open in
thumbnails mode a direcotry full of pictures. I don't know why the
developers used the opening all files at once approach.

The old problem is here: http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=132843872222529&w=2

Thanks